Dear Smile Dental Lakeside Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures that we follow in our practice to keep our patients and staff as safe as possible.
Our office strictly follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities and communications of these agencies so that we stay up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask you a few screening questions. These questions will be asked of you again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You also find some in the reception area and some other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distance in between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We offer virtual consultations via Zoom and Teledentistry. You can schedule a timeframe to speak to the Doctors by calling the front desk or booking a time slot via our website.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (619) 334-8743.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our practice as our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Smile Dental Lakeside
Dr. Arthur Santos, DDS
Dr. Ivan Santos, DDS